Municipal Operations Projects
- An organics waste (food scrap and food-soiled paper) collection program was implemented at all three of the Town’s offices (the Town Offices at 329 Rheem Boulevard, the Public Works Corporation Yard office at 335 Rheem Boulevard, and the Parks and Recreation Department office at the Hacienda de las Flores) in order to divert everyday green waste from the landfill, consistent with both Municipal Operations Strategy M.3 and Sold Waste Strategy SW.1.
- When possible, new picnic tables, benches, and trash receptacles made from recycled materials (some of which have been funded through a RecycleSmart grant program) are being purchased for the Town’s park facilities.
- Recycling services are provided at all public and private events on Town-owned properties.
- Bike racks have been installed at the Town Hall Offices, the Council Chambers, the Hacienda de las Flores, and the Town Library.
- Bay-Friendly planting techniques are used on all of the Town’s properties as applicable and the techniques have been incorporated into the design of upcoming landscaping improvements for the Town Library property.
- The Town adopted an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program to manage pest problems in and around its public facilities. The IPM program has significantly reduced or eliminated the use of harmful applications of pesticides.
- The parking lot lights at the Town Offices, the Town Library, and the Hacienda de las Flores have been replaced with new LED lighting.
- The heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) units at the Town Offices at 329 Rheem Boulevard were replaced and the new system incorporated an airside economizer to reduce energy use.
- New water fountains with water bottle refilling stations were installed at the Town Offices and the Council Chambers in 2019 to encourage the replacement of single-use water bottles.
- New water fountains with water bottle refilling stations were installed at the skate park and restroom facilities at Moraga Commons Park in 2019-2020 to encourage the replacement of single-use water bottles.
- The Town’s new electric vehicle (EV) charging stations were installed at the Town Offices and Moraga Commons Park in Fall 2020 and are expected to be operational by the end of 2020.
- Energy-efficient lighting upgrades were installed throughout all of the Town’s public buildings. PG&E’s 0% Interest On-Bill Financing Program was used to finance these upgrades, which are estimated to have a payback period of 3 years.
329 Rheem Boulevard
Moraga, CA 94556
329 Rheem Boulevard Moraga CA 94556
Phone: 925-888-7040Fax: 925-376-5203
Monday through Friday
9:00 am - Noon; 1:00-5:00 pm
Suzie MeleAdministrative Assistant
Alistair FortsonAssistant Planner
Mio MendezAssociate Planner
Brian HornPrincipal Planner
Afshan HamidPlanning Director