- Feature Links
Town of Moraga Internet Website Policy
The purpose of this policy is to establish guidelines for the development, operation, and administration of the Town website. The Town website will provide information about Town services and information for residents, businesses, and visitors.
The Town website is not intended to be a forum for expressive activity by members of the public. The Town is not creating a forum or other means by which public discourse, exchange of opinions, advertisement of commercial or nonprofit businesses, or discussion on issues of any nature may occur.
Rather, the Town website is maintained for the exclusive use and control of the Town, such use and control including, but not limited to, decision on what content will be available on, or accessible from, the Town website. The sole and limited purpose of the Town website, and of any permitted external links from such website, is to provide non-political and non-religious factual information about the Town and matters of general public interest as may be determined by the Town.
Authority of the Town Manager
The Town Manager or his/her designee shall have the authority and responsibility for the implementation of the policy. The Town Manager may also make interpretations on issues that are not clearly articulated or not included in this policy.
The Town Manager or his/her designee shall have the right to deny, remove, or discontinue an external link, approve or disapprove event posting, and revise this policy without prior notice when to do so is deemed to be in the best interest of the Town.
An external link is a hyperlink from the Town website to a website maintained by a third party.
The Town has a legitimate interest in limiting persons or organizations that might be linked to the Town website. The Town may exercise discretion to ensure that the links on the Town websites are consistent with the purpose of the Town website.
Each proposed external link on the Town website shall be reviewed to determine its relevance and appropriateness to the purpose of the Town website. The Town Manager or his/her designee shall review the merits of the proposed external link based upon the criteria set forth below.
At its discretion, the Town may provide links to external sites that fall into one of the following categories:
- Sponsored by governments
- Sponsored by educational institutions, including Saint Mary’s College
- Sponsored by private organizations that provide government-related information and/or services in a way that is not available on an official government website
- Sponsored by professional associations affiliated with local government (such as League of California Cities, International City Management Association, American Planning Association, etc.)
- Sponsored events or programs by local and regional economic development organizations that assist the Town in promoting businesses throughout the Town including the Moraga Chamber of Commerce
- Sponsored by entities with which the Town has an existing formal, contractual relationship through direct funding, co-partnership, or co-sponsorship on programs or events which are related to the Town governmental purpose
- Sponsored by nonprofit organizations whose purpose is to provide the public with information or access to the arts, culture, or education, or that provide visitor information related to Moraga and the surrounding area
The Town website will not provide links to sites that:
- Promote or exhibit hate, bias, discrimination, pornography, or libelous or otherwise defamatory content
- Have a primary purpose of furthering the agenda of a political organization or a candidate running for office, or defeating any candidate for elective office
- Have a primary purpose of promoting a religion or religious point of view
- Promote or advertise commerce
- Violate any of the Town equal opportunities policies
- Consist of personal websites operated by individuals or websites personal in nature, concept, design, or purpose
Application for External Link
To request the addition of an external link to the Town website, the applicant shall send the relevant URL address, website description and purpose, brief statement as to how the proposed website fulfills the purpose of the Town website, contact name, phone number, and email address by email, or by mail to:
Town of Moraga
Attn: Town Manager
329 Rheem Boulevard
Moraga, CA 94556
Location of Links
The Town reserves the right to determine how and where external links appear on the Town website.
Disclaimer of External Links & External Websites
The information posted on the Town website includes hypertext external links to information created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. The Town provides these links solely for the user’s information and convenience.
- When the user selects an external link to an external website, the user leaves the Town website and is subject to privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the external website.
- The Town does not have control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on an external website accessed through the Town website by external link.
- The Town does not endorse or recommend any third party website, product, service, view, or opinion, unless otherwise noted.
- The Town does not authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained on external websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
- The Town is not responsible for transmissions from external websites.
Posting of Events
Information regarding community events may be posted on the Town website so long as the posting of such information is consistent with the purpose of the Town website and meets the criteria for external links. While the Town Manager or his/her designee may consider suggestions of events to post on the Town website, the decision of the Town Manager or his/her designee is final and binding.
Links to the Town Website
Advance permission to link to the Town website is not necessary. However, the party linking to the Town website should be aware that its subpages might change at any time without notice. Individuals and entities linking to the Town website shall not capture pages within frames, present the Town website content as its own, or otherwise misrepresent the Town website content or misinform users about the origin or ownership of its content. Any link to the Town website should be a full forward link that passes the user’s browser to the Town website unencumbered. The web browser’s "back" button should return the user to the originating site if the user wishes to back out.
Accuracy of Information
The Town strives to keep information on this website accurate and current, but the information and services available on the Town website may include inaccuracies or typographical errors and improvements/modifications may take place at any time. The Town does not warrant that communications with the website will be uninterrupted or error-free or that any errors/typos will be corrected. The Town makes no representations about the reliability, availability, timeliness, or accuracy of the website for any purpose. The web pages and information contained herein are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind.
Adopted by Town Council Resolution April 27, 2011. This policy is also available as a PDF download: Town of Moraga Internet Website Policy (PDF).