Moraga Town Council 2022 Goals and Priorities
For the Community, With the Community
- Efficiently sustain core operations and services of the Town, maintain fiscal discipline, and continue to position the Town for long-term fiscal sustainability and operational efficiency.
- Continue updating, consistent with retaining the Town’s semi-rural character, the Moraga General Plan and the 6th Cycle Housing Element to satisfy the Regional Housing Needs Allocation (RHNA). Implement corresponding rezoning (including the Bollinger Canyon Special Study Area), objective standards, and revisions to the Planned Development Process.
- Complete work on the permanent Canyon Road Bridge and secure remaining reimbursements.
- Complete the 2022 construction phase and the 2023 design of the “Worst First” Pavement Reconstruction Projects.
- Continue implementation of the Storm Drain System Operations and Maintenance Program and undertake needed storm drain capital improvement projects.
- Allocate the Moraga ARPA grant funding to the highest priority needs and implement corresponding plans.
- Maintain and improve public safety for all with high-quality police and emergency response services and continue coordination with Moraga-Orinda Fire District (MOFD) on fire safety, evacuation, and emergency preparedness and with the Moraga schools on student well-being.
- Enhance the Town’s parks, open space, and facilities for the benefit of the public.
- With public input, develop and initiate a process for identifying and prioritizing uses for unrestricted and unassigned Palos Colorados funds, including, among other things, consideration of a Town-wide recreation and open space plan.
- Keep focus on traffic, congestion, and pedestrian safety, particularly around our schools, crosswalks and through routes.
- Improve the Town’s communications with, and outreach to, the public using innovative approaches that are inclusive of all segments of the community and encourage public input and feedback.
- Lessen the Town’s impact on the environment by continuing to implement sustainability initiatives and viable strategies in Moraga’s Climate Action Plan.
- Contribute further to the community effort to improve diversity and inclusion throughout the Town, including but not limited to continuing to sponsor United Against Hate week.
- Work collaboratively with the community, including the Chamber, to improve Moraga’s business climate.
- Improve and enhance the collaboration and partnership with Saint Mary’s College.
- Participate in a Moraga community service day working with community groups.