What are the regulations for open space zoned property?

The only permitted use on properties zoned "OS" (Open Space) and "OS-M" (Open Space -MOSO) is agriculture. Any residential use requires approval of a Open Space Conditional Use Permit or a Moraga Open Space Ordinance Application by the Moraga Planning Commission prior to approval of plans by the DRB (MMC Section 8.52.040). The Planning Commission will establish the development standards for the project site, such as minimum lot size, building setbacks, maximum building height, etc. (MMC Section 8.52.050). Development is also prohibited above the 800-foot contour line on minor ridges and within hazardous areas.

Show All Answers

1. What are the building setbacks on my property?
2. Does the Town have copies of my house plans?
3. Where can I obtain information on a certain property in Town?
4. How do I find out where my property lines are located?
5. How are building setbacks measured?
6. Are there any other setback restrictions on building?
7. What / Where is the public right-of-way of my street?
8. When do I need a survey?
9. What are the scenic corridor requirements?
10. What are the regulations for open space zoned property?
11. When is a Waste Management Plan form required?
12. What are the regulations on political signs?
13. What are the regulations on garage / driveways?
14. What constitutes a "kitchen"?
15. Do solar panels require planning review?
16. Can my home be used for my business?
17. Do I need a permit to operate a licensed family child care home?
18. Are cannabis dispensaries allowed?
19. Are door to door solicitors allowed in Moraga?
20. Who maintains the sidewalk in front of my house?
21. When do I need an encroachment permit?
22. Can I rent a room in my house?