Are there any other setback restrictions on building?

In some cases a geotechnical engineer may recommend structural setbacks greater than the Town’s minimum setback requirements to provide a safe distance from the bank of a creek channel or bottom of a potentially hazardous landslide area. On residential projects that require a use permit or subdivision approval, the conditions of project approval may include additional setbacks to address scenic corridor issues or mitigation measures from an environmental study.

For two-story buildings, the minimum side yard setback shall be increased by one additional foot for each foot of "end wall" height greater than 20-feet. End wall height is the maximum vertical height from finished grade to outer roof surface at the side yard (Design Guidelines SFR2.6).

For more information, please refer to the Town of Moraga Design Guidelines document.

Show All Answers

1. What are the building setbacks on my property?
2. Does the Town have copies of my house plans?
3. Where can I obtain information on a certain property in Town?
4. How do I find out where my property lines are located?
5. How are building setbacks measured?
6. Are there any other setback restrictions on building?
7. What / Where is the public right-of-way of my street?
8. When do I need a survey?
9. What are the scenic corridor requirements?
10. What are the regulations for open space zoned property?
11. When is a Waste Management Plan form required?
12. What are the regulations on political signs?
13. What are the regulations on garage / driveways?
14. What constitutes a "kitchen"?
15. Do solar panels require planning review?
16. Can my home be used for my business?
17. Do I need a permit to operate a licensed family child care home?
18. Are cannabis dispensaries allowed?
19. Are door to door solicitors allowed in Moraga?
20. Who maintains the sidewalk in front of my house?
21. When do I need an encroachment permit?
22. Can I rent a room in my house?