When is a grading permit required?

A grading permit is required for any earth movement of more than 50 cubic yards, a cut or fill greater than 3-feet deep and for other conditions as specified in Moraga Municipal Code (MMC Section 14.04.031). MMC Section 14.04.032 lists exemptions to grading permits.

Show All Answers

1. Do I get a grading permit from the Contra Costa County Building Department?
2. When is a grading permit required?
3. When is a grading permit required?
4. What do I need for a grading permit?
5. Why do I need a hillside development permit?
6. What are the requirements for retaining walls?
7. Do I need a permit to haul dirt from my grading project off site?
8. Can I remove the vegetation from my property in preparation for grading?
9. Are there any design restrictions on grading?
10. Are there any precautions that should be taken before digging?