When do I need a building permit?

You would need a building permit for any interior or exterior alterations and additions to your home and for various improvements on your property, including any new fences higher than 6-feet, installation of landscaping irrigation systems and retaining walls higher than 3-feet, and construction of accessory buildings over 120 square feet. Most exterior improvements require Town of Moraga Planning Department or Engineering Department approval prior to filing an application for a building permit.

Show All Answers

1. When do I need a building permit?
2. Where is the Building Department located?
3. What projects can be approved by the Building Department without Town of Moraga approval?
4. Can the windows in my home be replaced without prior Town approval?
5. What permits are required in order to change or widen my driveway?
6. Do I need a permit to build a fence?