An Encroachment Permit (PDF) is needed whenever work is to be done that will encroach or impede the public right of way. Fees are as follows (for the fiscal year of 2019/2020):
- Administrative Fee: $125
- Inspection: $156 per hour (minimum 2 hours)
- Concrete Permit Fee: $312
- Street Cut Permit: $564
- Street Storage Permit: $78 per day
- Work Outside Permit Hours: $624 (Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. unless noted below. Roads with restricted working hours are Moraga Road, Moraga Way, Rheem Boulevard and St. Mary’s Road. Working hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
- Pavement Restoration Bond of $3,165.90 plus $126.64 per square foot over 25 square foot
Encroachment permits can be obtained from the Public Works/Engineering Department at the Town Offices at:
329 Rheem Boulevard
Moraga, CA 94556
Please call the Public Works office at 925-888-7026 for more information.
As of February 15, 2005 drainage pipes (roof drains, gutters etc.) installed through curbs are prohibited due to federally mandated storm water pollution prevention. Please call the Public Works office, 925-888-7026 if you have any questions or for specific information regarding drainage pipes.