- Make Moraga Home
Make Moraga Home
The comprehensive Advanced Planning Initiative includes the following components:
- Housing Element Update: As required by State law, the Town is updating its Housing Element for the 6th cycle to meet the Regional Housing Needs Allocation (RHNA). The Housing Element covers the eight-year cycle of 2023-2031. For more information, click here.
- Rezoning of key sites: In order to create sufficient capacity to meet the Town's housing needs, as determined by the Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG), the Town will analyze rezoning a number of properties to facilitate future housing development.
- Bollinger Canyon Rezoning: An updated zoning proposal and new standards are being developed for the Bollinger Valley Study Area. More information is provided below.
The Environmental Impact Report (EIR): The Final EIR and Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program is now posted. For more information click here.
Adoption Draft Housing Element Documents are now Available
For most current up to date information, click here.
California Department of Housing and Community Development has provided a comment letter on the Draft Housing Element. For more information, click here.
Upcoming Events & Meetings:
- January 18, 2023, Town Council Special Meeting Study Session at Town Council Chambers, 335 Rheem Boulevard, 6:00p.m. to review the recommendations of the Planning Commission. No action will be taken on Planning Commission recommendations.
- January 25, 2023, Town Council Meeting to take action on the following:
- Town Council Resolution for the certification of the Final Environmental Impact Report and Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program as required under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA).
- Town Council Resolution recommending adoption of CEQA findings and Statement of Overriding Considerations and adoption of the 2023-2031 Town of Moraga Housing Element, including findings of substantial compliance.
- Town Council Resolution recommending the adoption of Moraga General Plan Text Amendments to increase the density of housing opportunity sites to 24 DUA, including internal consistency amendments, Circulation Element Amendments to comply with SB 743, and Safety Element Amendments to comply with AB 747 and SB 99.
* If translation services are required, please contact the Planning Department at (925) 888-7040, 48 hours in advance of a meeting.
* 如果需要翻譯服務，請在會議前 48 小時致電 (925) 888-7040 與規劃部聯繫。
* Si se requieren servicios de traducción, comuníquese con el Departamento de Planificación al (925) 888-7040, 48 horas antes de la reunión.
Past Workshops, Events, & Public Meetings
- Past Community Workshops and Events are located on the Community Engagement page.
- Past Housing Element Public Meetings are located on the Public Meetings page.
How Can I Get Involved?
Your informed participation and feedback is appreciated. We encourage you to attend the meetings, contact staff with questions, and visit the website often for updates.