The Town Clerk is the public’s liaison with the Town Council and the primary source for public information in the Town of Moraga.
The Town Clerk can be reached between the hours of 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. at 925.888.7022 or email@example.com.
The Town Clerk’s office is responsible for a number of legislative and administrative functions such as:
- Maintaining a wide variety of vital permanent Town records
- Indexing and filing of actions taken by the Town Council
- Preparing and posting of agendas, managing Council packet production and distribution
- Conducting follow-up activities related to the agenda process such as processing agreements and recording official documents
- Responding to requests for public record information
- Certifying and distributing ordinances and resolutions as appropriate and legally required
- Recording of all proceedings of Town Council meetings
- Maintaining and updating the Municipal Code on a continuing basis
- Submitting measures to the electorate
- Maintaining Town of Moraga's Catalog of Enterprise Systems
- Processing required legal notices for Town Council meetings, including public hearings, so that all interested parties have an opportunity to participate
- Coordinating the Town Records Management Program to ensure that public records are maintained in accordance with legal requirements
- Managing the retention and retrieval of official records and the maintenance of the Legislative History to ensure accessibility and continuity
- Managing and conducting elections for the purpose of electing Town Council Members at the appropriate times
- Serving as the filing officer for Fair Political Practices regulations
Board, Committee and Commissions Volunteer Opportunities
Moraga depends on volunteers to serve on all of its Boards, Committees, and Commissions. In 2017, there will be openings on the Audit and Finance Committee (2 openings), Design Review Board (2 openings), Local Sales Tax Oversight Committee (4 openings), Park and Recreation Commission (4 openings) and Planning Commission (4 openings). If interested, please click on the appropriate Board, Committee or Commission to complete the application and questionnaire, and submit a letter of interest and your resumé to the Town Clerk’s Office, 329 Rheem Boulevard, or Town Clerk by 5:00 pm on Thursday, January 26, 2017.
The Town Clerk also publishes the About Town Newsletter. You can either read this correspondence online or subscribe to receive it via email.
Town Council Elections
The Town Council consists of five members elected at large on a non-partisan basis. Elections are held the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November of even-numbered years (coinciding with the State General Election) and serve four-year terms, with two new members elected in one cycle and three new members elected in the other cycle.
Eligibility and Candidacy Information
To be eligible to run for Town Council, you must be a registered voter of Moraga at the time nomination papers are issued.
You can register to vote if:
- You are citizen of the United States, and
- You are at least 18 years old at the time of the election, and
- You are not in prison or parole for the conviction of a felony, and
- You are not deemed mentally incompetent by a court.
Re-registration is required if you have moved since you last registered, changed your name, or changed your political party affiliation. For more information, contact the Contra Costa County Registrar of Voters.