The Planning Department is responsible for overseeing and guiding development in the Town of Moraga. Planning Department activities include:
• Implementing the Town’s General Plan;
• Complying with county, state, and federal land use and environmental programs and regulations
• Reviewing and processing development proposals;
• Administering building and planning regulations, including the Zoning Ordinance;
• Assisting the public with Town permit applications, land use, and zoning information;
• Conducting environmental review, including compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA);
• Providing staff assistance to the Planning Commission, Town Council, and Design Review Board; and
• Reviewing building permit plans and applications;
• Implementing the Town stormwater permit, recycling programs, and countywide transportation and growth management programs. In addition the Planning Department facilitates compliance with the through the preparation and processing of various environmental documents.
Student Transit Ticket Program
The 511 Southwest Contra Costa County Student Transit Ticket Program is back! FREE public transit tickets will be provided as an alternative to driving student(s) to school. Each student is eligible to receive two (2) 12-ride County Connection transit tickets. Students must be registered in a public or private school (1st -12th grade) in San Ramon, Danville, Alamo, Lafayette, Moraga or Orinda. Learn more about the program and apply online.
Contact Information and Hours of Operation
329 Rheem Boulevard
Moraga, CA 94556
Public Counter Monday – Thursday 9:00 AM - Noon and 1:00 – 5:00 PM (we are closed every other Friday)