Town Of Moraga

Rheem Boulevard Sinkhole Repair Update, September 15, 2017
Repair work is on schedule with all of the failed 96 inch corrugated metal pipe removed. Installation of the new reinforced concrete pipe is scheduled to begin Monday, September 18. Temporary construction signage to direct motorists around the sinkhole and to identify open businesses has been erected. The Town worked closely with the Chamber of Commerce and affected businesses to finalize the temporary signage messaging. Although construction temporary signage is exempt from the sign ordinance, Town Council adopted a specific resolution to (click title for full story)
Canyon Road Bridge Closure Update - September 15, 2017
The utility relocation phase is complete and demolition of the bridge will begin on Monday, September 18, with work hours Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm and on Saturday and Sunday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm. (click title for full story)
Storm Drain Funding (SB 231)
The Town is actively monitoring the progress of Senate Bill 231, Sewers/Storm Water. If this legislation is signed by the Governor, it would offer local communities additional tools to generate funding for storm drain infrastructure maintenance. Moraga’s 2015 Storm Drain Master Plan identified approximately $26 million in unfunded storm drain maintenance and repair needs. (click title for full story)
Moraga Town Manager Retirement - Update, September 18, 2017
My official date for retirement from service to the Town of Moraga will be Sunday, December 17, 2017. This date marks the 38th anniversary of the day I was hired as an original member of the Moraga Police Department, and I find it a fitting date to leave the Town's service. (click title for full story)
Thank You for Enjoying Hacienda Nights!
Last Friday, September 8, the Parks and Recreation Department hosted the fifth and final Hacienda Nights event of 2017. Now in its second year, Hacienda Nights gives residents an opportunity to enjoy summer nights surrounded by a variety of food trucks, the company of friends and family, and the festive atmosphere of the Hacienda de las Flores. (click title for full story)
Town Manager Recruitment Process
With the pending retirement of Town Manager Robert Priebe, the Town Council authorized an agreement for executive search services with Peckham & McKenney to identify a new Town Manager. This firm last worked for the Town in 2010, successfully placing Jill Keimach in the Town Manager position. (click title for full story)
Oversize Vehicle Parking Ordinance
The Town Council reviewed an Ordinance amending Moraga’s Municipal Code (MMC) regulating the parking of vehicles on public streets. The purpose of these amendments is to update the MMC to address recurring issues related to the parking of vehicles on streets for long periods of time and to establish regulations to control the parking of commercial and oversize vehicles in residential areas. (click title for full story)
Increased Employee Pension Cost-Sharing
The Town Council adopted an Ordinance to increase the amount Town employees contribute toward their CalPERS retirement. Employees agreed to pay an additional 1%, for a total of 3%, of the employer share of CalPERS costs. The additional 1% will save the Town an estimated $31,570 in FY 2017/18; the total 3% cost sharing will save $94,710 during the same time period. Employees also agreed to pay another 1% in FY 2018/19, for a total of 4%. (click title for full story)
Centralized Video Surveillance Project
The Town Council accepted a $60,000 donation from the Moraga Community Foundation (MCF) to be used to implement a centralized video surveillance program for the Town. MCF coordinated a fundraising campaign and raised the money in less than four months, due to the generosity of residents and others outside the community. (click title for full story)
Bullying Prevention Proclamation
The Town Council presented a proclamation declaring October 2017 as Bullying Prevention Month to Wendell Baker, representing Moraga’s iKind Project, and encouraged all community members to participate in prevention activities designed to make the community safer for all children and adolescents. (click title for full story)
New Owners at Morga's 7-Eleven Store
Moraga’s venerable 7-Eleven store on Moraga Road has new owners, Fahad Iqbal, and his uncle and partner, Imran Lodhi. Fahad has worked for 7-Eleven for six years, most recently in Sonoma. (click title for full story)
Volunteers Needed!
Moraga depends on volunteers to serve on all of the Boards, Commissions, and Committees that require citizen involvement and provide input and information to the Town Council. There is currently an opening on the (click title for full story)